Here is where you can find answers to questions you have about the Program, the Application Form, Supporting Evidence Form, or any other Program forms, or if you need help submitting any Program forms.
To the extent that your questions are not answered by information provided here, you can Contact Us.
How to Submit an Application
Information on how to submit an Application, including how to download and print an application pack.
Frequently Asked Questions
Responses to some of the most frequently asked questions in relation to the Program are provided here.
How to Submit Additional Documents
Information on how to submit an additional documents, including the Supporting Evidence Form.
How to Submit Appeals
Information on how to submit an appeal of a rejected or denied application.
The AVAT No Fault Compensation Scheme, as detailed in the Protocol and its Schedules.
A written claim for compensation completed by an Applicant on the application form approved by and provided by the Administrator, as set forth in Schedule 2 to the Program's Protocol, which must be accompanied by all Supporting Evidence, using the prescribed form in Schedule 3 to the Program’s Protocol.
The supporting evidence, using the form in Schedule 3 to the Program's Protocol, required to evaluate an Application and that shall include:
- detailed medical documentation from a Registered Health Professional describing the Injury and medical treatment required as a result of the Injury, together with details of any Hospitalization or prolonged Hospitalization, including but not limited to admission and discharge records;
- a description of the nature, extent, functional impact and prognosis of the Injury, as assessed by the Registered Health Professional.
- a statement from the Registered Health Professional that the Injury was, in the Registered Health Professional’s opinion, the result of the Vaccine or its administration;
- certification from a Registered Health Professional of when, where and which Vaccine was administered;
- in the case of death, a death certificate and any other documentation available from a Registered Health Professional of the cause and manner of death; and
- any further evidence that the Administrator may deem necessary to adjudicate the Application, and/or Receivable Claim, as applicable, guided, as appropriate, by the Scientific Advisory Committee, the Review Panel, and/or the Appeals Panel.