If you have suffered a Serious Adverse Event resulting in permanent impairment or death associated with a Vaccine you can apply for compensation under the AVAT No-Fault Compensation Programa. The links below will allow you to complete either an online or a paper Application Form, as well as giving detailed instructions explaining how to submit your Application and any additional documents that must be submitted alongside your Application.
Online Application Form
Complete the Online Application Form to apply for compensation.
Upload and submit the Supporting Evidence Form and other documents that are required to be submitted together with the Application Form.
Upload Printed Application
If you have downloaded and printed a paper copy of your Application Form, it can be uploaded and submitted here.
How to Submit an Application
Information on how to submit an Application, including how to download and print an application pack.
How to Submit Additional Documents
Information on how to submit an additional documents, including the Supporting Evidence Form.
A serious untoward medical occurrence that (i) is sustained or suffered by a Patient following the administration of a Vaccine, and (ii) results in an Injury, as defined in the Program's Protocol.
A COVID-19 vaccine received in any Participating Member State through the AVAT Framework that:
- either (A) has licensure or authorization from a stringent (“functional”) regulatory authority or (B) has received WHO prequalification, following licensure or authorization from a stringent (“functional”) regulatory authority, or (C) has been issued authorization for emergency use based on licensure or authorization by a stringent (“functional”) regulatory authority; and
- is included in Schedule 1 to the Program's Protocol, as updated from time to time; and
- has received all required approvals and authorizations for importation, distribution, and use in the relevant Participating Member State; and
- has not reached its Scope of Coverage Endpoint.
The African Vaccine Acquisition Trust of 7th Floor, Happy World House, 37 Sir William Newton Street, Port-Louis 11328, Mauritius, a centralised negotiating, purchasing, and payment agent incorporated on behalf of the AU Member States and CARICOM Member States for the purchase of COVID-19 vaccines pursuant to the AVAT Framework.
A written claim for compensation completed by an Applicant on the application form approved by and provided by the Administrator, as set forth in Schedule 2 to the Program's Protocol, which must be accompanied by all Supporting Evidence, using the prescribed form in Schedule 3 to the Program’s Protocol.
The supporting evidence, using the form in Schedule 3 to the Program's Protocol, required to evaluate an Application and that shall include:
- detailed medical documentation from a Registered Health Professional describing the Injury and medical treatment required as a result of the Injury, together with details of any Hospitalization or prolonged Hospitalization, including but not limited to admission and discharge records;
- a description of the nature, extent, functional impact and prognosis of the Injury, as assessed by the Registered Health Professional.
- a statement from the Registered Health Professional that the Injury was, in the Registered Health Professional’s opinion, the result of the Vaccine or its administration;
- certification from a Registered Health Professional of when, where and which Vaccine was administered;
- in the case of death, a death certificate and any other documentation available from a Registered Health Professional of the cause and manner of death; and
- any further evidence that the Administrator may deem necessary to adjudicate the Application, and/or Receivable Claim, as applicable, guided, as appropriate, by the Scientific Advisory Committee, the Review Panel, and/or the Appeals Panel.